Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Carthay Circle Restaurant - a Romantic Hideaway!

When visiting Disneyland Resort, there are days when I just want to hit as many attractions as possible. I will bring my backpack, snacks, water bottles and flip flops and head out early in the morning, full of determination and energy.

However, there are other days where I just want a quiet and serene date day with my prince charming, one where I am not rushing from place to place but taking in the sights, sounds and bites.

Not too long ago, my prince decided to surprise me and took me to Carthay Circle Restaurant, a location that I'd been dying to try ever since I first heard about Disney's plans for the location. I knew that the geniuses behind The Grand Californian's Napa Rose had crafted Carthay's menu, and if Napa was any indicator, I knew I was in for a treat.

The outside of the restaurant is modeled after the very theatre where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiered, but the inside is decked out in art deco luxury, with the ceiling on the second floor (first floor is for the lounge, second floor for dining) has a beautiful mural of the enchanted forest from Snow White. Even the flatware was carefully selected to keep within theme.


The service was kind, helpful and attentive. Carthay has an extensive beverage list to appease any palette, and if you love seafood, the menu offers many delicious options. Don't get too full though - you'll want to leave room for the enchanted apple dessert!


If you are in the mood for a calm, romantic atmosphere with exciting and unique dining options, Carthay is the perfect place to visit. This location is fine dining, so it's a little more expensive, but definitely worth the price. Be sure to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment